The idea of developing a circular economy model is focused on using the materials and resources for as long as possible. A key element of circular economy is to have the least environmental impact and maximize the utility of every single resource used.
Circular economy is a concept that interacts with sustainability, and whose objective is that the value of products , materials and resources is maintained in the economy for as long as possible and that to minimize waste generation
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Differentiate a linear and a circular economy model.
- Identify the benefits of implementing a circular model in the manufacturing of products.
- Calculate the circularity of a product.
- Be able to perform circularity calculations of products based on inorganic raw material.
- Be able to identify options to improve the circularity of their products.
The webinar consists of the following topics:
- Waste Management from a Post Covid Approach
- Opportunities and Challenges of the Circular Economy
- Circular Economy and Regulatory Framework
- Circular Economy and Local Applicability
Government representatives and officials, United Nations staff in Ecuador and other international organizations, civil society, academia and the general public