IMPORTANT: Please register directly on the course website: http://unccelearn.org/
The Strategic Alliance on Green Bond Market Development in G20 Emerging Economies (STA), a partnership between Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken (SEB) and Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH and the Partnership for Action on Green Economy (PAGE) are pleased to present this new e-learning course on Sustainable Finance.
This interactive and practice-oriented course covers the basics of Sustainable Finance while providing several opportunities to dive deeper. It shares valuable insights of the Strategic Alliance of GIZ and SEB and our technical partner CICERO, gained during activities in emerging economies and interactions with market participants worldwide. You will also learn about examples of UN-supported initiatives to promote sustainable finance in countries like Mongolia and Indonesia. The course is designed for interested participants from governments, financial sector, businesses, and civil society.
The e-learning course provides technical knowledge on why and how to choose sustainable finance
solutions over conventional investment. For that, participants will begin to acquaint themselves with basic
skills and tools for applying the sustainable finance mechanisms to a real-world policy or business context.
After completing the course, participants will be able to:
- Describe, understand and discuss current developments and trends in the area of sustainable finance;
- Distinguish between different types of sustainable finance products and relevant eligibility criteria;
- Discuss opportunities, challenges, and enabling conditions for countries to benefit from growing sustainable investment opportunities;
- Identify opportunities for the public and private sectors to issue green bonds and green loans;
- Apply sustainable finance mechanisms to a real-life investment case study.
This course is presented in three modules:
1. Fundamentals of Sustainable Finance - Five lessons introducing sustainable finance and its potential to achieve the Sustainable development goals and the Paris Agreement.
2. Sustainable Finance Market - Four interactive lessons about the functions, stakeholders and regulations that govern the sustainable finance market.
3. Sustainable Finance Products - Three interactive lessons explaining Green Bonds and Green Loans in detail.
The course pedagogy is adapted to professionals employed on a full-time schedule. The course is self-paced, unmoderated and comprised of series of short learning lessons.
The proposed programme targets groups and individuals from the public and private sectors, and civil
society interested in learning about how sustainable finance can transform the way today’s economies work.
The programme will be suitable for introductory level learners but can be also be used by learners with
existing knowledge and experience related to sustainable finance. Prospective participants include:
- Government officials involved in developing and setting up policy frameworks for sustainable development and in particular sustainable finance;
- Individuals from public and private sectors and institutions that are potential issuers or investors in sustainable finance products;
- Professionals involved or interested in underwriting, research, consultancy or other professional services for sustainable finance products;
- Other individuals/institutions with an interest in sustainable finance.