The Sustainable Development Goals are a call for action by all countries – poor, rich and middle-income – to promote prosperity while protecting the planet. They recognize that ending poverty must go hand-in-hand with strategies that build economic growth and address a range of social needs including education, health, social protection, and job opportunities, while tackling climate change and environmental protection.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Learn about the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals;
- Gain a deeper understanding of the main principles in human rights education;
- Explore the attributes of global citizenship and;
- Develop ideas on how to implement these values in the classroom
The monthly public lecture consists of the following contents:
- Update from all the teachers
- Feedback from faculty members
- Research project
- Decision on future monthly meeting date & time
- Q & A
This event targets teachers within the state of Georgia who have interest in expanding their students learning to promote sustainable lifestyles.
This event series is comprised of 5 events